OFFICIAL RULES, release, and licensing
Orvis Cover Dog Photo Promotion
No Purchase Necessary. Purchase Will Not Improve Chances of Winning.
- How To Enter: The Promotion begins at 12:00:01 a.m. ET on November 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on March 31, 2022 (“Promotion Period”). To enter, visit orvis.com/coverdog (“Website”), go to the Cover Dog entry link, and follow the online instructions to submit a digital photo of your dog and complete the entry process. Orvis’ (Sponsor’s) computer will be the official time clock for the Promotion.
- Open and offered only to legal residents the United Kingdom and legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of majority in the state of their residence as of start date of Promotion. Entrant must have the legal right and ability to give broad permission for Orvis to use the photo of their dog and/or must have secured, prior to entry, the written permission of any person and/or dog owner other than entrant.
- In addition, the winners selected by the judges will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and to sign and return, within 14 days of notification, a Liability Release and Publicity Release (where legal). Winners will also agree not to use the winning photo for any other promotion or commercial purpose.
- Employees and directors of Orvis, Inc. (“Sponsor”), and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion or production agencies, and their immediate family members or individuals residing in their same household, are not eligible to win the contest.
- Winner Selection and Criteria: At least one and up to 12 winning photographs, the final number in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be selected from among all eligible entries by a panel of judges selected by Orvis and based on the criteria below. The decisions of the judges are final and binding in all matters relating to judging this Promotion. Orvis will notify winners by email approximately 45 days after the end of the promotion period shown in Section 1 above. The chances of winning depend on the number of entries received and on the opinions of the judges panel regarding the suitability of photos for The Orvis Dog Book cover and their meeting the following criteria:
- Photo must be original, unpublished, and not copyrighted.
- Photo must show at least one dog.
- Photo should depict the dog(s) in a manner consistent with the Orvis brand and lifestyle.
- Photo must fit the size criteria listed at the point of entry.
- Prizes & Retail Value: Winning Photo(s) will be used on a future cover(s) of the Orvis Dog Book catalog as determined by sponsor. In addition, winner(s) will receive one (1) $500.00 or £500 Orvis Gift Card, depending on whether the winner is a resident of the United States or the United Kingdom, use of which is subject to the terms on the card. ARV = $500.00 or £500.00. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize by winners is permitted.
- United States winners ONLY will also receive $900 worth of Purina Pro Plan dry dog food, provided in the form of 12 coupon handouts, each with a dollar value of $75. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize by winners is permitted.
- General Rules:
- Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, incomplete, corrupted, or misdirected entries, whether caused by electronic, network, software or computer failures and malfunctions of any kind or by human error. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client, insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mail, or for any other technical reason.
- Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or terminate the Promotion (or any portion thereof) if fraud, misconduct, or technical failures, including computer virus, bug, or other technical problems, destroy or threaten to destroy the integrity of the Promotion. Sponsor may elect, if feasible and in its sole discretion, to choose winners from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of such a forced termination.
- In the event a dispute arises regarding specific winner entitled to receive prize, entry will be deemed made by the “authorized e-mail account holder,” which shall mean the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Any damage made to the Website will also be the responsibility of the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Any attempt by an individual to damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from and to prosecute any such individual to the full extent of the law.
- Upon a finding on non-compliance with these Official Rules and requirements, or if prize/prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if a winner is found to be ineligible, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner selected by Sponsor’s judges.
- The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. It is void where prohibited by law. Winner is responsible for any tax due on the winning amount.
- Entrants who participate in this Promotion hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless the Sponsors, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, licensors, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and representatives and agents, from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action of any kind whatsoever that may arise from their participation in this promotion and/or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any good obtained with the prize gift card.
- Winners List: To see the names of the winner(s), visit orvis.com/coverdog approximately 120 days after the end of the promotion period shown in Section 1 above.
- Sponsor: The Orvis Company, 178 Conservation Way, Sunderland, VT, 05250
RELEASE AND LICENSE
In consideration of entering my photo in the Orvis Dog Book Photo Contest, I hereby grant to Orvis, its employees, agents, licensees, and personnel who are acting on its behalf (“Orvis”), the absolute and irrevocable right and permission throughout the world and in perpetuity, with respect to the attached digital photograph of my dog, me and/or others (if applicable), as well as my image, likeness, name, testimonials, statements, if any, or other related items (the “Authorized Material”):
- To use, re-use, publish, re-publish, post on a website, transmit, modify, and edit the Authorized Material, in whole or in part, severally or in conjunction with other materials, in any medium now or hereafter known, for commercial, promotional, and educational purposes and for any other purpose whatsoever, including without limitation, publicity, marketing, advertising, fundraising and/or trade, and
- To claim and register copyrights in any materials created by Orvis based on, derived from, or incorporating all or part of any of the Authorized Material in Orvis’s own name or any other name that it may choose.
- For all but the winning photos, I may use my entered photo for personal use, but I will not use it for commercial purposes and will not enter it in any other contest until the contest results are announced. If my photo is chosen as a winning photo, and in consideration of the prize, I will use that photo for personal use only and will provide written releases that cover all persons and animals in the photo.
- As a condition for entering my picture in the promotion, I certify that I have the written consent of all other identifiable persons, children, and animals in the photo (other than myself or my own children and animals) to be bound by the terms of this Release and License. I understand that Orvis will rely on this certification in posting or otherwise using entries prior to selecting a winner and will require me to produce the written releases as a condition of publishing the winning picture on its 2021 Dog Book and presenting the cash prize.
- I hereby release and discharge Orvis from all claims and demands whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of the Authorized Material or any reproduction thereof and waive any further claim for compensation in connection with the use of the Authorized Material. I acknowledge that the Authorized Material may be altered or modified and waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product.
- This Release and License shall inure to the benefit of Orvis’s successors and assigns and shall be binding upon my heirs, successors, assigns and legal representatives.